Addressing Co-Occurring Disorders
- Are you experiencing challenges working with individuals who have a co-occurring disorder?
- Are you aware of the most effective approach for providing services for individuals with co-occurring disorders?
- Do you know how to distinguish between substanceinduced symptoms and mental health disorders?
THIS TRAINING IS FOR YOU!
This is a two-day subject-matter training program aimed at solving the challenge of Drug Courts serving clients who have both a substance abuse disorder and mental illness. The goals of this innovative training are to:
- Teach Drug Court professionals how to serve individuals with co-occurring disorders in your Drug Court;
- Design an integrated effective service system for individuals with co-occurring disorders in your Drug Court; and
- Discuss and incorporate ways to modify and enhance current Drug Court program to address the complex needs of individuals with co-occurring disorders.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is designed for Adult Drug Court teams. Because the workshop is highly interactive and focuses on group decision-making and consensus, the training experience will be enhanced by the attendance of as many team members as possible. NDCI requires, at a minimum, the following attend due to their day-to-day interactions with Drug Court clients:
- Treatment Provider
- Defense Attorney
- Law Enforcement Officer
- Probation Officer
Without these core team members it is unlikely that your team will be accepted.
Interested? To request this training or for more information contact us!