- Are you looking to gain more insight into understanding drug abuse and addiction?
- Do you understand the federal confidentiality laws and their impact on your Drug Court program?
- Do you understand your role on the Drug Court team?
DEFENSE COUNSEL TRAINING IS FOR YOU!
This four- day, comprehensive training is designed for Defense Attorneys to assist them in their often complex role of representing a client in Drug Court and other problem-solving courts. All presentations and information is cutting-edge and research based. Training participants will hear seasoned Defense Counsel discuss the paradigm shift that occurs in Drug Court. Through real-life scenarios, participants will have the opportunity to evaluate legal and ethical dilemmas in the Drug Court arena.
What better way to empower drug-using offenders to change their lives than with the promise of NDCI’s proven strategies and dynamic training? Topics will include, but are not limited to:
- Constitutional Issues
- Ethics and Federal Confidentiality Laws
- Incentives and Sanctions
- Screening and Eligibility
- Role of a Defense Counsel in Drug Court
Who Should Attend?
Defense Attorneys working or will soon be working in Drug Courts that are fully operational or in the planning or start-up phase.
Interested? You can request the Defense Counsel Training be brought to your jurisdiction through our "On Demand" series.
Dana A. Jenkins, Project Director