- Did you know that a person’s cultural can affect their participation and motivation in a Drug Court program?
- Were you aware that culturally proficient Drug Courts have better outcomes?
- Does your program utilize cultural proficiency in its Drug Court evaluation?
This two-day subject-matter training program teaches Drug Court teams how to apply the culturally proficient, best practice techniques to their existing programs. The goals of this innovative training are to:
- Teach culturally proficient applications for practice and their formulation into an action plan;
- Teach the Drug Courts about evidence-based approaches that are culturally relevant; and
- Address women’s issues and how they can affect participation and success in a Drug Court.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is designed for beginning or advanced Drug Court teams. Because the workshop is highly interactive and focuses on group decision-making and consensus, the training experience will be enhanced by the attendance of as many team members as possible. NDCI requires, at a minimum, the following attend due to their day-to-day interactions with Drug Court clients:
- Treatment Provider
- Defense Attorney
- Law Enforcement Officer
- Probation Officer
Without these core team members it is unlikely that your team will be accepted.
This is a free training, but participants are responsible for all applicable travel expenses.